Thursday, February 15, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day - In This Life (Cover)

I hope you are doing well and that you had a very happy Valentine's Day.  This is my cover of the country song, In This Life, which was recorded by Collin Raye in 1992.  I am dedicating this to my beautiful and amazing wife, Jennifer.

Here's the link to the video - In This Life (Cover)

There's a reason why this song is so significant.  Around the time Jennifer and I met, I happened to find Collin Raye's greatest hits CD on the discount shelf of a local music store.  So I picked one up.  This quickly became one of my favorite CDs.  If you haven't heard any of Collin Raye's music, I would seriously recommend checking him out.  Some of his hits include Little Rock, I Think About You, One Boy One Girl, If You Get There Before I Do, and of course, In This Life.

Hearing any of these songs will remind me of that time period.  It was time when Jennifer and I met and became friends.  For the first time in years, I was really nervous and didn't know what to do.  I knew I loved her, but I was afraid of hurting our friendship.  Then it was like God gave me the boldness I needed to ask her out.

Valentine's day was also the day of our engagement.  I'll never forget that day.  I couldn't focus on work to save my life.  We went to a really nice steak restaurant.  But I was so nervous that I didn't have an appetite.  However, I didn't want to come off as nervous, so I forced myself to clean my plate.  The restaurant was too loud, so I improvised and took her to Starbucks.  And then it happened.  She said "yes." 

We married 6 months later.  At our wedding, a friend of our played and sang In This Life.  So this will always have a special meaning. 

Looking back, I would do it all over again.  I have been blessed far beyond what I could ever deserve.  She has been the best wife and friend a man could ever ask for.  She has stood by my side through the best and worst of times.  So this song is for Jennifer. 

Happy Valentine's Day, Jennifer.  I love you forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment